Delaware company in need of Warehouse Associate.
PRIMARY JOB OBJECTIVE: Unloads incoming trucks and loads out-going trucks with use of a power forklift or hand truck. Works under general supervision.
1. Attention to Detail-The ability to see and pay attention to details: the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure.
2. Possess basic math and reasoning skills.
3. Flexibility-The ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance.
4. Forklift Certified.
5. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
6. Communication-Ability to communicate, in written and oral form, detailed information, guidelines to various audiences to ensure that they understand the information and the message.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Prepares finished goods for shipment to customers. This includes identifying the specific jobs, preparing the correct quantities, and packaging for shipment. Must be knowledgeable in use of automatic parcel machine, if applicable.
Operates small truck or van to pick up and deliver parts, supplies, and run errands. Checks scheduled stops and plans route for most efficient schedule.
May service truck or van to include gasoline, oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, cooling system, battery, tire pressure, lights, etc.
Loads and unloads trucks, if applicable, drives forklift truck to accomplish tasks.
Assists in maintaining safe working conditions and conducting oneself in such a way as to not endanger oneself or fellow employees.
Responsible for general housekeeping of work area.
May make boxes or otherwise assist packing personnel. May assist in the distribution of parts throughout the company.
Responsible for keeping supervisor informed of work-related problems and the progress of work assignments.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This is not an all inclusive job description and there will be times that the position holder will be asked to perform miscellaneous other duties as assigned, but not essential to this particular job.
Must have a high school diploma. Must have valid driver s license and good driving record. Must be familiar with traffic rules and regulations, roads, and locations in general vicinity. Must pass forklift operator s test. Must be able to read, exhibit good math skills, and show attention to detail. Physical needs are being able to: lift 50 lbs., bending, walking, good vision, sitting, and stooping.