Registered Respiratory Therapist ($7500 Sign on Bonus) - Fostoria or Fremont Ohio
Columbus, OH 43228 US
Job Category: Medical / Health - Therapy
Number of Openings: 2
Location: can be housed out of Fremont, OH or Fostoria, OH
The Registered Respiratory Therapist will be competent to care for patients of all ages to include infants, children, adolescents, adult and geriatric population dependent on the area assigned. This individual performs the duties and responsibilities outlined below as assigned, under minimal supervision from the Respiratory Care Department leadership team and the Medical Directors of Respiratory Care. The Registered Respiratory Therapist performs these assigned duties and responsibilities according to regulatory standards, clinical practice guidelines, policies and procedures approved by the Medical Directors and Administration. This individual will frequently make independent decisions regarding modification of therapy in accordance with clinical practice guidelines, policies and procedures.
1. Achieves and maintains a level of competency to perform prescribed therapeutic and diagnostic procedures within their scope of practice, as required per business unit, in accordance to departmental competency standards, which include general care, critical care, emergency care and diagnostic procedures, including, but not limited to, the following:
General Care: patient identification and assessment, medical gas delivery, medication administration via nebulizers and MDI/DPI, Broncho pulmonary hygiene and hyperinflation therapy
Critical Care: initiation, management, and weaning of invasive and non-invasive ventilation; airway management and suction, including tracheostomy, endotracheal and pharyngeal; cuff and ETCO2 monitoring, intubation and extubation; set-up, calibration, insertion (arterial lines) and maintenance of indwelling lines and catheters, and high risk newborn deliveries
Emergency Care: responds to rapid responses and emergency codes; performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), airway management, and actively participates in patient stabilization, internal and external transports
Diagnostic Care: blood sampling and analysis, specimen collection, continuous and/or noninvasive monitoring, bedside pulmonary function screens, spontaneous breathing parameters and electrocardiograms (EKG)
Note: critical tests and values will be reported in a timely manner per Hospital Policy.
2. Safely assembles, operates and trouble shoots therapeutic and diagnostic equipment required for patient care, including but not limited to, the following:
Gas administration, monitoring and analyzing devices including flow meters and regulators, blenders, cylinders and bulk systems, compressors, analyzers, and pulse oximeters
Mechanical devices, including mechanical ventilators, manometers, gauges, spirometers and EKG machines.
Laboratory equipment for blood gas analysis
Age specific patient care equipment, including resuscitation equipment, oral and nasal airways, endotracheal and tracheal tubes
Equipment disinfection and sterilization
3. Understands and applies Respiratory Care Clinical Practice Guidelines, to provide safe, highly efficient and cost effective care, using evidence based best practice.
4. Provides educational needs of patients on disease specific process, tobacco cessation and respiratory care services provided, including instruction for home care equipment and medications.
5. Assist with clinical instruction of respiratory care, nursing, medical students and residents, as needed. Actively participates in the orientation of new staff and contributes to the growth ofothers.
6. Understands and acts in accordance with all Respiratory Care and Hospital Policies and Procedures for those areas assigned and is able to independently function in those areas.
7. Completes accurate patient documentation, including billing and productivity standards. Participates in creating a plan of care, evaluate achievement of identified goals, record results and communicate pertinent information to appropriate members of the health care team.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by leadership within the scope of training and practice, including the ability to perform essential duties in other business units as part of a shared staffing plan, as required.
Education: A graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy program and maintain credential as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Skills: Must be able to input and retrieve computer information
License: Must be licensed to render respiratory care services by the respective state(s) of practice Ohio and/or Michigan
Certification: Must hold current BLS certification. ACLS, NRP, and PALS certification is recommended, and may be required at some business units. Membership in the American Association of Respiratory Care and other professional organizations is encouraged.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - No
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
Less than 1 year experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Associate's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Always