Delaware, OH 43015 US
Header Operator / Set-up
2nd & 3rd shift openings
2nd shift hours - 4: 00 pm - 12: 00 am
3rd shift hours - 12: 00 pm - 8: 00 am
1. Applied Mathematics-Ability to use mathematical reasoning and problem-solving techniques to solve problems.
2. Technical Reading-Ability to read and use written text when text is unclear or not targeted to appropriate audience.
3. Applied Technologies-Ability to solve problems with machines and equipment including electricity, mechanics, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics.
4. Workplace Observation-Ability to observe a process noticing details, remembering instructions, procedures, processes, and demonstrations in order to generalize the process which may be similar or very different form what was observed.
5. Locating Information-Ability to to compare, summarize, and analyze information found in charts, graphs, tables, forms, flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, maps, and instrument gauges.
6. Mechanical Aptitude-Ability to apply mechanical principles and concepts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Set-up and operate a variety of Headers used in the manufacturing of Formed Products.
Reads and refers to blueprints for set-ups and parts specification.
Responsible for the quality of parts produced.
Checks quality of parts visually. Also, uses micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, microscope, dial indicator gages, depth gages, plug gages, tri-roll gages, ring gages, and go/no-go gages.
Operates Data Collection system.
Clean and maintain tooling in good condition and in proper places.
Adjusts and checks tools, and machine operations, checks parts, and informs Supervisor of tooling and/or maintenance needs.
Recognizes and takes appropriate measures to assure proper processing of nonconforming product.
Fills out all required forms and reports.
Responsible for general housekeeping of work area and tool area. Maintains safe working conditions and conducts oneself in such a manner as to not endanger oneself or fellow employees.
Responsible for keeping Supervisor informed of work-related problems and the progress of work assignments.