Gahanna, OH 43230
- Acts as a first line supervisor for the branch staff by reinforcing expectations set forth by the Market Manager.
- Assist with performance management of branch staff, including training, coaching, and counseling
- May assist with quarterly and annual performance review process
- Provide escalated coaching and counseling when applicable to branch staff to improve performance, attendance and/or any other job related function that affects successful employment
- Complete other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The Staffing Supervisor is responsible for exercising discretion and independent judgment in selecting the most appropriate available associates to fill assignments and will provide excellent customer service to our clients when presenting associates for placement. The Staffing Supervisor will supervise and develop a large number of Associates throughout the length of their assignments. Additionally, this individual will manage all dealings with clients with complete professionalism and urgency.
A successful Staffing Supervisor must have: considerable skill in interviewing techniques; the ability to perform non-biased candidate assessments; an extremely high level of occupational knowledge; a significant understanding of various industries; and an extensive knowledge of human resource policies, labor regulations and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
This position requires an extremely perceptive and resourceful person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to client needs, employee goodwill, and the company s best interest.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a staffing role, specialized training, or proven competency as a senior-level recruiter
- Working knowledge of employment law and regulations
- Ability to direct and manage people in a supervisory role, previous supervisory experience required
- Previous recruiting, interviewing, and hiring experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; advanced skill level in Excel and Word; intermediate skill level in Outlook and PowerPoint
- Administrative skills including report preparation and record-keeping
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Will work in a temperature-controlled environment; may have exposure to natural sunlight;
- Required travel to meetings and trainings will result in exposure to various weather conditions
- Must be able to utilize a keyboard and mouse
- Will require sitting in a standard office chair for the majority of the workday
- May lift up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis
- Occasional bending, standing and stooping to access filing cabinets and overhead storage bins