Shipping / Receiving
Dublin, OH 43016
Summary: Coordinates the activities in lifting, transporting, storing, and loading materials and products by use of cranes, hoists, or forklift trucks by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records. Also verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers.
- Confers with supervisors of other departments to coordinate flow of materials or products.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Requisitions containers and other supplies for delivery to work stations.
- Verifies or prepares records such as routing slips, material requisitions, and job orders.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have basic mechanical ability.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger in a repetitive motion, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Steel toe boots that come above the ankle
- Glasses with OSHA certified protective lenses
- NO CONTACT LENSES
- NO JEWELRY
Starting Pay Rate: $13.00/hr.
Shift Time: 1st Shift - Monday - Thursday, 8: 00am-6: 30pm - Fridays, 8: 00am-4: 30pm
Permanent Hire: Client offers full benefits - Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and 401(k), Vacation pay, and short/long term disability.
Please call (614) 527-9200 to hear more about this great opportunity, or apply online at www.Acloche.Com.