Gallipolis, OH 45631
Registered Nurse needed for Southern Ohio Hospital.
The RN will work under the supervision of the Unit Manager following hte American Nurses Association standards of practice and code of ethics within a Patient and Family Centered Care Model. Education Work Experience and Licensure Graduate of an approved Nursing Education Program. CPR - Required. Holds a current State of Ohio RN Licences. Previous experience preferred.
1. Assess, diagnose, treat and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients.
2. Works in accordance with established policy and procedure of the unit, hospital, agency, office or long term care facility.
3. Relates effectively with other staff and maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units.
4. Works in accordance with applicable licensure regulations
5. Complies with all requirements of the agency to maintain ongoing personnel record and participate in orientation at the assigned facility.
1. Minimum one year work experience preferably in applicable health care or school environment with the applicable patient population.
2. Successfully complete appropriate competency testing at 80%. Must complete appropriate skills assessment.
3. Must have valid Ohio Speech Language Pathologist License.
1. Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty.
2. Determine the extent of communication problems.
3. Identify treatment options.
4. Create and carry out individualized treatment plan.
5. Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
6. Provides and maintains a safe environment.
7. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies
8. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
9. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments and patients and their families or visitors.
10. Other administrative duties as requested.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Physical ability to see clearly with corrective lenses.
2. Ability to communicate clearly with professional and non professional staff, patients and families.
3. May need to use a computer and other automated equipment as well as general medical equipment.
4. Will work in a temperature controlled environment.
5. Sitting in a standard office chair for most of work.
6. Bending, standing and stooping to access filing cabinets and overhead storage.
If you feel this is the opportunity that you have been looking for call Jennifer Johnson (614)824-3708 to schedule an interview.