Parts Counterperson - Front
Mansfield, OH 44903
locations needed: Mansfield and Midvale
Assists with the day-to-day operations of the parts department through assisting all customers and mechanics in purchasing needed parts and supplies, either over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone.
1. Respond to customer parts or information requests quickly, ensuring exposure to full product line and specials.
2. Pull purchased parts from stock.
3. If the part is not in stock, determine availability and submit an emergency order if required by the customer and communicate delay to customer.
4. Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
5. Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
6. Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
7. Verify will call and back-order files weekly and return to vendors, or stock those items not required.
8. Issue credit for parts and cores returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified. Exceptions must be approved by the Parts Manager.
9. When making tax-exempt sales other than to a charge or cash account, ensure that the customer s full name, address, exemption number, and signature is obtained.
10. Ensure all charge sales are signed by customers and present the customer with the correct copy of the invoice.
11. When a credit card is declined, notify the credit department. If they are not available, either decline to charge the purchase or release the credit hold in accordance with the dealership s guidelines.
12. Solicit assigned accounts by phone.
13. Maintains parts inventory and parts displays and reference materials.
14. Prepare invoices for all over-the-counter sales.
15. Maintain customer back-order file.
16. Assist in stocking parts inventory.
17. Replenish assigned inventory daily.
18. Prepare shipments for delivery to customers via shuttle or delivery.
19. Assist parts maintenance records on CDK system.
20. Keep front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
21. Assist location changes and generate bin tags as necessary.
22. Keep current on new products and product updates.
23. Participate in all training programs that are made available.
24. Assist with service counter when needed.
25. Cooperatively perform additional duties when assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Good knowledge of basic mathematics. Basic understanding of a PC. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to relate well to others. Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time. Good organizational skills.
High school diploma or equivalent with at least one year of experience in an automotive parts/truck dealership, or a mechanical aptitude.
Individual should be outgoing, friendly, energetic, organized, and flexible. This individual should also be dependable with high work ethics and a positive attitude. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
This is a physically demanding position. Will move throughout the parts shelves all day, reaching and climbing to obtain parts from inventory. Will stand six to eight hours during a shift at the customer counter. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to and exceeding 50 pounds. Will be exposed to noise, dust, exhaust fumes, paint and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Will be required to wear a dealership provided uniform.