Outside Parts Sales Consultant
Mansfield, OH 44903
Responsible for calling on existing customers and establishing new accounts for the sale of parts and service work.
1. Represent the company in a professional manner, selling parts and service to existing and new customers.
2. Detail customer parts requirements, communicating this information accurately for filling customer orders.
3. Identify new opportunities working with Parts and Service Personnel to develop costs and labor estimates.
4. Provide customer feedback regarding our performance, weaknesses, and potential opportunities for the sale of trucks.
5. Increase sales with assigned accounts.
6. Determine with supervisor, monthly quota for cold calls, monitoring efforts.
7. Implement and promote supplier programs for successfully reaching targeted accounts and sales results.
8. Identify, sign and develop new accounts providing the company with the necessary credit information and documentation to supply their parts and service needs.
9. Identify new market opportunities.
10. Monitor customer business conditions, financial developments, personnel changes, trends, new opportunities, etc. Providing input to inside personnel.
11. Responsible for submitting weekly call report sheets detailing daily customer visits and identifying competitive pricing.
12. Responsible for daily checks and working with Service Foreman for maintenance of the vehicle.
13. Assist with counter sales as needed.
14. Cooperatively perform additional duties when assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to relate well to others. Good organizational skills. Valid driver s license and good driving record. Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at one time. Professional personal appearance.
High school diploma or equivalent with at least one year of experience in an automotive/truck parts department.
Individual should be outgoing, friendly, energetic, organized, and flexible. This individual should also be dependable with high work ethics and a positive attitude. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment. Professional personal appearance.
This is a physically demanding position. Will be moving parts inventory throughout the day. Will spend six to eight hours a day driving and calling on customers and vendors, moving about their offices. The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Will be required to wear a dealership provided uniform.