Perry Township, OH 43235
1. Under general supervision, delivers nursing care to a group of assigned clients.
2. Works in accordance with established policy and procedure of the unit, hospital, agency, office or long term care facility.
3. Works in accordance with applicable licensure regulations.
4. Relates effectively with other staff for continuity of care and maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units.
5. Complies with all requirements of the agency to maintain ongoing personnel record and participate in orientation at the assigned facility.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
2. Current LPN license, State of Ohio
3. Minimum one year clinical experience for general hospital assignments. May demonstrate less experience for other assignments.
4. Minimum 1 year clinical experience if applying for particular specialty.
5. Successfully complete appropriate competency testing at 80 %
6. Must have BLS certificate to accept assignment in hospital setting.
7. Must have CPR to accept assignment elsewhere.
8. Must complete all health requirements per policy affecting assignment.
9. Must complete appropriate skills assessment.
1. Provide optimum nursing care on the assigned unit.
2. Helps create a positive working environment
3. Accurately and promptly implements physician orders.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures and treatments according to the care plan.
5. If certified, administers medications accurately.
6. Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting.
7. Provides and maintains a safe environment.
8. Incorporates appropriate health teaching, in the daily client care routine.
9. Supports infection control policies and procedures.
10. Is resourceful and calm in emergencies
11. Keeps nursing supervisor informed of patients needs and problems on the nursing unit.
12. Maintains a professional approach with confidentiality.
13. Observes and supports the agencies policies.
14. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
15. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical staff, other departments and patients and their families or visitors.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Physical ability to perform job-related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, pulling; partial or complete assistance with ADL without assistance from another health care worker or significant other.
2. Physical ability to see clearly with corrective lenses.
3. Ability to communicate clearly with professional and nonprofessional staff, patients and families.
4. May need to use a computer and other automated equipment.