Home Health Aide - Certified
Alliance, OH 44601
1. Under general supervision, performs basic tasks related to patient care.
2. Works in accordance with the established policy and procedure of the agency.
3. Relates effectively with other staff for continuity of care and maintains satisfactory relations staff and family.
4. Complies with all requirements of the agency to maintain ongoing personnel record and participate in orientation at the assigned facility.
1. Minimum one year clinical experience as an aide in hospital, skilled nursing facility or home care.
2. Successfully complete the appropriate competency testing at 80%.
3. Must have CPR
4. Must complete all health requirements per policy affecting assignment.
5. Must complete appropriate skills assessment.
6. Demonstrate applicable training (STNA) with certificate.
1. Implements palliative Plan of Care under the supervision of an RN.
2. Provide assistance with moving in and out of beds, wheelchairs or chairs.
3. Assists the patient with ADL as needed.
4. Administer proper skin care per plan of care.
5. Prepare snacks or meals as indicated.
6. Provide patients and families with emotional support and instruction as needed.
7. Maintains the standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting at the time of visit. Submits documentation to office within 5 business days.
8. Provides and maintains a safe environment in the home.
9. Supports infection control policies and procedures in the home.
10. Keeps supervisor informed of patients needs.
11. Maintains professional approach with confidentiality.
12. Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
13. Cooperates and maintains good rapport with visit and office staff.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Physical ability to perform job-related duties which may require considerable use of arms and legs. This could include: lifting, standing, bending, transferring, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing or pulling.
2. Physical ability to see clearly with corrective lenses.
3. Ability to communicate clearly with coworkers, patients and family.
4. Must provide a reliable means to reach the assigned home.