Lewis Center, OH 43035
I. Purpose of Position
The Press Operator is responsible for all processes directly associated with operating our forming equipment, including blank stripping and loading, forming, discharge, clearing jams, conveyance, packaging, and quality inspections as well as working as a team player with all associated personnel in relation to those areas. Responsibilities include operating the equipment efficiently and effectively, in accordance with company health, safety, hygiene, and quality systems, including OSHA, HACCP, GMP, and SQF.
II. General Functions and Specific Responsibilities
1. As part of the Production Team, safely and efficiently operate our bank of Gralex thermoforming presses. Clear jams, restart as needed, and appropriately clean all forming equipment
2. Completely and accurately fill out the required paperwork on a daily basis; including documentation required of food safety programs such as SQF and GMP.
3. Work together with other press operators as part of a team in an efficient and effective manner with the goal of continuously improving efficiency and quality of the process.
4. Collect QA samples and associated data and notify the QA department of any quality issues that can t be resolved with press changes.
5. Properly inspect blanks and finished goods for acceptable quality within Company defined stated standards, and notify appropriated associates of ongoing, or critical quality issues.
6. Notify maintenance of any press or ancillary equipment problems.
7. Notify associates of any materials needed by the production team.
III. Measures of Performance.
1. Production within scheduled timetable
2. Production within quality standards
3. Adherence to Food Safety programs and standards
4. Improvements related to the production team efficiency
6. Safety record, including number of lost time accidents
7. Overall Aptitude and Attitude in the production environment.
IV. Knowledge and Skills Required
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Good communications skills
3. Good mechanical aptitude
4. Good overall production aptitude and attitude
VI. Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
Scope: Responsible for all aspects of! Manufacturing operations.
Impact: This position has responsibility for increasing or decreasing the profitability of the client by controlling the costs of production, efficiency of production, increasing of production capacity without additional personnel or capital, and by minimizing costly errors, waste and downtime. Additionally, this position is critical to the company s production of quality products, in adherence with food safety programs including GMP, HACCP and SQF.
VII. Back-up Designee: Other Operators