Accounts Receivable Specialist
Westerville, OH 43082
Manages the day-to-day relationships with Agents and branch staff on Agency Bill Receivables
1. Perform reconciliations of Current Receivables with agent through regular correspondence and review of outstanding items on Company and/or Agent s Account Current.
2. Enters or imports agent account current within (3) days from the date received.
3. Work closely with Agency, Branch and Operations associates to resolve policy and program related disputes and errors.
4. Applies agent payments within three (3) days from deposit date.
5. Accurately apply cash receipts on a daily basis
6. Sends Intent to Cancel notices to agents the first week of each month and reports any DNOC recommendations to underwriting team leaders.
7. Review application of cash receipts for accuracy.
8. Analyze program receivable transactions and works with agent to address those items having a potential statutory impact.
9. Sends overdue account current notices to all active agents who did not provide monthly account current notices. Sends overdue payment notices to all agents that reported an account current if payment has not been received within 45 days from the account current month end.
10. Responsible for managing the Agency aged receivables balances to ensure items are escalated prior to exceeding ninety (90) days.
1. High School degree or equivalent. Some college level accounting or finance level coursework desired.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an Accounts Receivable related function preferably in the Insurance industry.
3. Demonstrated personal computer experience using Microsoft Office products and Internet Browser based applications.
4. Previous experience using Accounts Receivable systems desired.
5. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and plan work for self.
6. Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction.
7. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
8. Demonstrated problem-solving skills.